Voigtlander Portrait Euryscop Series III No. 6 16-1/4" f4.5 415MM

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Feb 9, 2013.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Most people have never seen one! A truly spectacular lens.

[​IMG]

Aplanat's are very stable at f8. Slightly nervous at f6! At f4.5 they will exhibit a subtle 'buzz'. That's why no one ever got faster than f6 with these . . . except Voigtlaender. Their portrait series at f4.5 is an amazing achievement.

[​IMG]

This is one of the New York Series where the Serial numbers aren't as helpful.

[​IMG]

This is a lot of money. Rarity and desirability combined. A #5 sold on the auction recently for $1599. A no. 6 like this did NOT sell at $2666. But it had offers and did not re-appear. Look carefully at the images made with one of these lenses at my web pages.

[​IMG]

Front light is perfect. Rear light has a couple of mentionable nicks / scratches. The pics show them pretty well. They DO NOT hinder performance one bit. There is NO flange with this. Arghhhh! Where do they end up. If you have a no. 7 Heliar, the flange from that will work. Aperture is perfect.

$2155 includes shipping in USA. A bit more elsewhere.​

2. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Couple more pictures;

[​IMG]

I also have a bunch of images done with my Series 3 #5 here.

[​IMG]

Hey, if a 5X7 Eidoscop can go for $1725 and a Cooke is worth over 5 grand, I'd be foolish to sell this lens too cheap. These big ones are very hard to find.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    SOLD!!

Thanks All.

:D:D