Walking through the park and reminiscing...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Robert Hall, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Who remembers the (very) old booths to get ones picture taken with a friend, or just ones self?

How did they do that? Was that done with positive paper or did it use a negative and print along the way? What has happened to those cameras?

Anyone? Anyone?

2. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nowadays around my city, Melbourne, they are mostly digital, but I think there are still some analog ones, like two black and white ones at Flinders Street Station. The movie "Amelie" features those photo booths quite heavily.

3. Michael W

Michael W Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a library book titled 'American Photobooth' out on loan at the moment. It has some history of photobooths but is mostly reproductions of photos made in these things over the decades. Essentially they were automated studios & darkrooms with all the usual chemicals involved.
    http://www.photobooth.net/
    this site has a wealth of information about photobooths.

4. pauliej

pauliej Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Reminds me of one at a street carnival in my home town back when I was in high school (late 1960's era). We got a paper strip with 4 photos for 50 cents (??) or so. I wonder what they did with the negatives, or did they do it that way? Where did they all go to, that big landfill in the sky (or just out of town)?

paulie

5. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    That is what I was wondering. What an awesome collection of anonymous portraits?