Wander by Dan Barham

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by adelorenzo, Dec 10, 2013.

1. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    My friend Dan Barham is a well known pro mountain bike/outdoor photographer who recently did a commercial mountain bike project on film which I thought APUG might be interested in. I don't think it's very common to see film in the action sports genre these days.

He's a Canon guy so he shot with a couple of Canon bodies (AE-1 and EF) and a 120 Holga. There is a video at the bottom of the page where he talks a bit about shooting with film.

http://acre-supply.com/journal/dan-barham-WANDER.php

There's a book available, I have a copy on order but can't provide any review of it at this point.

2. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, man. Looks like that would have been an awesome ride. Little bit of everything on that page. I think if I had the quid I would have upped for the book on the spot. Awesome. I would say I loved the scenic photographs of the craggy mountains, but the portraiture (candids) were very good as well. Then there were the other photographs, such as the gear and chain. Just great all the way around.

3. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Neat stuff!

Jeff

4. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Those are great! Thanks for sharing. Oddly, I was recently talking to an owner of an upscale bike shop about possibly doing a series of BW fiber for their shop. He wants the classic look.