Wanted: 5 to 10 sheets of Efke 100 4x5 for film testing.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by LJH, Apr 18, 2012.

1. LJH

LJH Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I'm wondering whether anyone's able to sell me 5 to 10 sheets of Efke 100 so that I can do some testing for the 7x17 sheets I have?

I won't use the remaining 40+ sheets if I purchase a 50 sheet box.

Thanks.

2. largeformat pat

largeformat pat Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    LJH,
    Just loaded the last of my 4x5 and 8x10, will be ordering in about 3 weeks for more. You could try and wedge 5x7 in your holder? Drop me a line if you have no luck.
    Pat

3. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You could perhaps buy a roll or two in 120; should be the same emulsion. Obviously you'll want to develop it using the same method you're planning on for the 7x17.

4. LJH

LJH Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Thanks, Pat.

Got to admit I had a case of the stupids then. I thought, "there's no way I could get a 5x7 sheet into a 4x5 holder". And, minutes later, I realised that I shoot 7x17…

I'm thinking that I might just bite the bullet and grab a box. Might make me shoot some more on the (dusty) 4x5.

5. LJH

LJH Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Thanks, Poly.

I'm a bit hesitant to do this as roll film is on a different base to sheet (roll's on a 100 microns thick poly base, while the sheet's on 175 microns). No idea if this makes a difference, but testing's about controlled results, so I don't really want to have a somewhat erroneous starting point...