Wata Combimeter

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Captain Slack, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Captain Slack

Captain Slack Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Where is the picture of the innards with the top off? :smile:

3. Nicholas Lindan

Nicholas Lindan Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The two screws between the eyepieces may be the adjusters. It is common for adjustment screws to be accessible from the outside as a mitigation to Murphy's law wherein the adjustment changes as soon as the cover is put back on.

It is also possible the two screws are covers for the adjustments - removing the screw reveals a hole that lets you get at the adjustment screw inside the rangefinder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
  4. Captain Slack

Captain Slack Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    @ic_racer: I'll snap one tonight! Don't know why that didn't occur to me to begin with! :blink:

@Nicholas: I thought that, too, but all they did was turn. Didn't do anything to the RF patch.

I've been told that one needs to hold the extinction meter adjustment dial & loosen the screw at it's center to adjust the horizontal. Haven't had a chance to try that yet.

5. Captain Slack

Captain Slack Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  6. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nicholas will probably chime in here also, but from what I see, it looks like you may have some up and down adjustment with the stud and bolt. Otherwise it looks like it may need to be tweaked by bending the arm that the mirror is attached.

7. Nicholas Lindan

Nicholas Lindan Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It looks like the range adjustment may be made by loosening the screw in the middle of the distance knob and spinning it so it shows the right distance and then tightening it again. Usually the adjustment would be made at infinity. Better rangefinders have two adjustments: one for close distances and one for far.

I don't see how one sets the vertical alignment unless it is by tightening / loosening the screws at the back. Looks like you would need an ignition wrench (or pliers) to keep the nut from turning as you adjust the screw.

These are just guesses based on the pictures. I've worked on a fair number of rangefinders but not on this one.