Way beyond monochrome, what a read!!!!

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by naaldvoerder, Apr 10, 2005.

1. naaldvoerder

naaldvoerder Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yesterday I picked up a copy of this book by Lambrecht and Woodhouse. And I'm glad I did. It's 300 pages worth of valuable knowledge on B&W-printing.

A couple of years ago Tim Rudman's excellent books were the reason for my reignited interest in B&W-printing and just for that they were worth every penny. After gathering a lot of info here on apug "Way beyond monochrome", I hope, will lift my printing to a higher technical quality. In short, a recommendation for this book.....

2. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    An excellent book, and one I thoroughly enjoyed. If you haven't done so already, pick up Les McLean's "Creative Black and White Photography." It's probably the only book that I enjoyed more than "Way Beyond Monochrome", and it is definately the only photo book that I own that never gets put on the shelf.

3. Bruce Osgood

Bruce Osgood Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. Ornello

Ornello Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm RF

I glanced through it at the bookstore a few months ago. I did not detect any substantial errors.

5. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is a good read, and so happens I purchased it along with Les book so you can guess I find them both first rate and recommend them to anyone interested in B&W photography. To find out more about Ralph Lambrecht check out his site... http://www.darkroomagic.com/ or Chris Woodhouse can be found http://www.ktphotonics.co.uk/main.html

Just like cameras or lens, we can never have to many good books.