weird durst lensboard

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by vedmak, Aug 6, 2010.

1. vedmak

vedmak Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I have gotten a nice durst 609 and it came with 50mm lensboard (39mm thread) and some other lensboard for 75mm or so with 31mm thread, is there an adapter for it so I can use 39mm lens with it?

2. Bob-D659

Bob-D659 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There are reducing adapters made, but finding another lens plate is probably easier.

3. labcoat

labcoat Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure about an adapter. I imagine it to be hard to adapt a board to a larger diameter. However, you might want to try mounting your 75mm lens on the 50mm board. It would make sense that the 50mm board is recessed. Even then the enlarger might have enough extension to focus the lens for anything but really small prints.

A normal lensplate (not recessed) with a 39mm thread shouldn't be too hard to find, though.

Good luck!

4. TimmyMac

TimmyMac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    you want to fit a bigger lens into a smaller lensboard? Seems easy, get a stepped drill bit and you're good to go

5. vedmak

vedmak Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    the lens I have for medium format is 105mm, sort of double the length of normal lens, not sure if I can get an 8x10 out of that, and do not want to do wall projections. I was just wondering if there were some adapters, lenses in the old days were smaller than 39mm, but now I think those could only be found by joining some archeological digs :cool:

6. Bob-D659

Bob-D659 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Schneider Componon-S is currently available in 32mm or the Leica 39mm mount. :smile:

If you have access to a screw cutting lathe, you can bore out the smaller plate and thread it for a Leica 39mm mount.

7. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If I was back in the UK I'd swap the board with you as I have two or three lenses that fit it, currently they get used with adaptors to 39mm.

Ian