Well, darn it. NOW I really want it.

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Richard S. (rich815), Aug 10, 2012.

1. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So last night I'm browsing KEH.com. I already put into my cart a Fuji GA645 flash bracket I'd been looking for and a couple of Contax lens pouches, but of course if I'm going to pay for shipping it's only prudent to see if there's anything else I might.....need.

I come across a BGN grade 135/2.8 Sonnar for Contax mount for a marked down price of $133. Wow. That's a very good price. That would be so nice to use on my RTSII or RX. Had told myself in the past I do not need this lens. I already have three awesome lenses that are near, or cover, or at about this range: 85/1.4 Planar, the 180/2.8 Sonnar, and the amazing 100-300 Vario-Sonnar zoom. The 135/2.8 is good, VERY good, but not over the top spectacular as the other three are known. But it is a focal length I really like, and for only $133?? Almost a no-brainer. So I add it to my cart.

As I continue browsing I'm thinking, hmmmm, you know, I do not really need to have that 135 maybe I should remove it from the cart. But of course before I finalize things and after finding nothing else I want on the site I decide I might as well get it. So I hurry to check out before I change my mind and the cart has a ZERO for quantity box of the 135 Sonnar. What the heck? Change the quantity box to 1 and refresh. Nope back to zero and a message saying the quantity I want is larger than they have available. The heck?? Someone ELSE bought it out from under me only seconds ago! Well, NOW I REALLY WANT IT! Argh! haha....

2. RichardH

RichardH Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ain't that the pits. I've bought a lot of things from KEH and have never been dissapointed in what I got. The prices are a lot better than the big store auction site.

Hope you find one.

Richard

3. Richard S. (rich815)

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, no. You don't understand I don't need that lens.........do you know where there is one?? :wink:

Thanks.

4. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Trust me, be glad it was stolen out from under you. Without a standard of comparison, it IS a nice lens, but you'll quickly find with the other lenses in your arsenal that it is a bitter disappointment by comparison. For one thing, it has surprising pincushion distortion for as simple a lens design as it is. Now, if you could find the 135 f2, that's a different kettle of fish altogether.

5. RichardH

RichardH Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Nope. Don't know of any. Sorry, Hope you do find one.

Richard

6. dynachrome

dynachrome Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I know some people are not 135 fans but I really like them. I find them more usefiul outside where a 100 doesn't seem long enough and a 200 is too long. I use differet systems. Some of my favorite 135s: Konica Hexanon 135/3.2, Konica Hexanon 135/2.5, Sigma 135/2.8 Pantel, Vivitar 135/2.8 Close Focusing, Vivitar 135/2.3 Series 1, Canon 135/3.5 FD chrome front, Canon 135/2.5 FL, Canon 135/2.5 FD SC, 135/2.8 Nikkor QC, 135/2.8 Nikkor 'K', Minolta 135/3.5 MD Tele Rokkor-X.

7. Richard S. (rich815)

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, you're right. I'll get over it. :smile:

The 135/2 KEH has that one. And I'd love it. The price was well over $1000. Plus I hear it's a monster.

8. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    he who hesitates is lost...

9. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I wonder if the K in KEH stands for "Karma"?:whistling:

10. Michael W

Michael W Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    but still has his money in his pocket.

11. baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Karma Erwerb Heute ;-)

12. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have been to outdoor sales (called car boot sale sales in the UK) found something I liked but decided I didn't need it and walked away. Quite often when I have inevitably gone back to get it, it has gone.

Steve.

13. Prest_400

Prest_400 Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Yesterday I saw they advertised a 15% discount on film related equipment.

I've been "monitoring" the site, as I have some Medium format craving, it's been a siren call for me for quite a while... except that cash is short, being a student, and I'm quite hesitant to spend money on about anything.

I've always come to the conclusion that if you suffer GAS, just move out of the US... so many deals you got there, it's such a strong temptation.