West Virginia - Appalachian Mtns PHOTO NEEDED for mag article

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by scootermm, Nov 15, 2006.

1. scootermm

scootermm Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    All,
    I recently started working at a new magazine as the Art Director. Its a Nonprofit nationally distributed magazine based out of Austin, TX.

I am already knee deep in the next issue and thought I would post here to the APUG community and see if anyone is interested in "donating" a photograph or two for an article. We are running an article on the Ginseng, Goldenseal and other native plants/herbs that grown in the WV/App Mtns.
    Im looking for a nice appealing scenic shot of the App Mtns to use for an opening spread.

As we are a non-profit we get a majority of our work donated, but I figured there might be some amatuer photogs like myself that would be interested in getting some work published.

yer more than welcome to email me or post in here.
    my work email is matt@herbalgram.org

2. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congrats on the new job Matt.

3. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey, my son walked the AT two years ago...and took lots of photos, but with those throw-away cameras. Do you want to see some?

drew

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
  4. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    AT. AT. AT. Go south across the bridge over the Potomac at Harpers Ferry and Hike up about a mile or so, following the double white blazes. It's benn twenty years and many pounds ago, but I still remember it. WOW!