What a load

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Deckled Edge, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Deckled Edge

Deckled Edge Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  2. Rafal Lukawiecki

Rafal Lukawiecki Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know why, it made me feel sad... A memory of an ambition left behind? But then again the liquidator is including an ass in the sale, which made me feel better again.

3. Deckled Edge

Deckled Edge Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I saw the ASS and wondered if he would sell her separately.

4. mmcclellan

mmcclellan Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Well, when I look at this (and imagine my own future estate sale!), I figure the person must have had a lot of fun with all that cool stuff! Looks like a rich life left behind to me. I just hope whoever buys the lot will use it -- there's a lot of fun still to be had with this person's darkroom. :smile:

5. Andrey

Andrey Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It's not worth 900 bucks.

The beseler, the camera and the backs are the only things of sure value.

Everything else might be outdated, expired... etc.

But pulls a string or two. I imagine the previous owner using the darkroom.

6. threeoutside

threeoutside Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi, I'm a widow of a photographer (I've posted a few times, to introduce myself and to get advice on how to post ads properly, etc.) and I would urge you photographers to make a list of your photography stuff, with descriptions and conditions if possible, for the benefit of those you leave behind. My dear hubby didn't, and believe me, it's a royal pain trying to sort all this stuff out. It would have helped SO much if he'd done that.

I'd much rather he'd come back and do it NOW. *sigh*

Terry Hickman

7. Deckled Edge

Deckled Edge Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks, Terry. Wise counsel, which I'm sure very few of us guys, being guys, will follow.
    And, I'm so sorry for your loss.

8. Jeanne

Jeanne Subscriber

Well, that's one way to make sure she doesn't throw a toaster in the tub on you! I had similar good luck when I was building my darkroom, and got some wonderful old equipment -- though I got mine before the photographer died, and bought it out of the trunk of his Saab in a resteraunt parking lot halfway beween between us.

Hard to say who was more grateful!

9. magic823

magic823 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Heck, that's not a lot of stuff. I got two to three times as much (two Beseler 4x5 enlargers (one with a Minolta 45A colorhead, and the other with a ZBE computerized cold lighthead,) NuArc UV head and vacuum table, Wing-Lynch Processor and Water Controller, X-rite UV Densitometer, Color Densitometer, EG&G Sensitometer, timers, trays, chemicals, tanks, reels, etc.) I love the fact that almost everyone seems to bailing out of analog. I couldn't in my wildest dreams afford all this before.

10. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Why sell, store it. I have this hermetically sealed vault I could put it in for you. Here's the drill. I come down, lights a'flashing, throw everythin g in boxes and fly away and time myself storing them then destroy all forms of communication. OK. I'll be down next weekend for the trial run and call me and let me know how it went.