What are the latest Canon EOS 35mm SLR`s?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Keith Tapscott., Nov 7, 2007.

1. Keith Tapscott.

Keith Tapscott. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I recently had my Canon EOS 600 serviced and the shutter repaired after several years of use since I bought it new.
    I am looking to buy another EOS 35mm SLR, but I am out of touch as to what is available today. The EOS 3 had a good review when it was first launched some years ago, but I cannot find any new ones for sale. Perhaps this has been replaced by a newer version. I was wondering what model to buy?:confused:

2. Paul Howell

Paul Howell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It appears that the top of the line EOS 1, at mid range Elon 7, and at entry level Rebel are available, I dont know if any are in current production or old stock. Check the B&H webb site.

3. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Canon's web site will tell you.

4. Paul Howell

Paul Howell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Canon lists the EOS 3, but it is not avilable at Adroma or B&H.

5. Lee Shively

Lee Shively Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Given the current market, consider buying used. There are some great prices out there on top-of-the-line used EOS models compared to new prices. Have a look at KEH's website even if you intend to buy locally.

6. Keith Tapscott.

Keith Tapscott. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    EOS 1V.

I have just bought online, a secondhand EOS 1V body described as in mint condition and boxed with instruction booklet.
    This should arrive to me on Friday.

Thanks to all who have replied.

7. tim_walls

tim_walls Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You won't regret it - the 1V is an absolute peach of a camera; I bought mine new, partly because all my other film cameras are second hand and I fancied a change :wink:, but mainly in the knowledge that it's probably the last 35mm SLR I'll ever buy - I intend that camera to live longer than I do!

It also has the multi-point spot metering function, which some of the lower-spec models do without; I love that feature, having got used to it with the T90.

8. Keith Tapscott.

Keith Tapscott. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Tim,
    I`m looking forward to receiving the Camera and trying it out in the beautiful Autumn sunlight, provided the weather holds out.