What chemicals do i have? Can i use them?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by J Rollinger, Jul 30, 2009.

1. J Rollinger

J Rollinger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I came across some chemicals and was wondering if i can use them for processing E6 and C41 at home. I know i have way to much chems for the 20 rolls i have in my freezer but i would like to be able to mix small portions, Thats if i have the correct chemicals. Below i included a photo of Kodak fixer and was wondering if i can use it for black and white. Im sorry for not knowing these chemicals, Im soul is in black and white. I wasnt able to upload the last photo due to 10 being the limit. The last chemical i have is Fuji Hunt Pro 6 color fixer for reversal films.

Thanks you.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      128.1 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      115.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      107.8 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      108.7 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      113.8 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      145.7 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      82.8 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      122.2 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      84.6 KB
      Views:
  2. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The first one, the rapid fix is for BW films. The rest look like they have directions. All I can say is mix some up and play with it.

3. mts

mts Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You have bits & pieces for processing E6 and C41 in roller transport machines. You don't appear to have complete chemistry for E6 but perhaps for C41. Dividing these packages into sizes appropriate for small tank processing probably is not practical. I agree, mix some up and play with it. You can use some of it to learn and certainly use the rapid fixer for black & white processing.

4. J Rollinger

J Rollinger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    EaSmithV, mts, Thanks for the reply. Would you know how to mix the rapid fixer? There is no instructions on the box but it states that part B (the hardener) contains the instructions. Sine the hardener is not required i will use the fixer without it. I use Kodak Kodafix that i mix 1+3 for film and 1+7 for paper, Could i mix the rapid fixer the same way even though they are different? I have searched Kodak's website and could not find any info on the mixture.

Thanks again.
    Jim

5. richard ide

richard ide Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jim,
    You can use the same proportions with no problem. Test the clearing time with a piece of film leader and also make sure thye solution is clear. Sometimes sulphur comes out of solution if it is old and the particles might adhere to your film.