What enlarging timer is this?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by DanielStone, Sep 20, 2011.

1. DanielStone

DanielStone Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hey all,

just saw this little timer in this video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rMnz1rtyUs
    and was wondering which model it is? One I'm referring to is the small, grey and red buttoned one. I love its simplicity, and since my Focomat 1c needs a timer, anyone know if a 115V USA-safe version is available? It does use a standard 2 or 3-prong connecting cable, right?

Anyone have one they'd be interested in selling by chance :wink:?

thanks

-Dan

2. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    It's a Durst Labotim timer. Seen a few, never used one though.

3. cornflower2

cornflower2 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi - I have one of these Labotims and I don't think it's the world's greatest timer. It's a good piece of digital kit but it falls a bit short, in my opinion, in that it has only a 2-digit display. This means it displays times like '9.8' seconds up to 10 seconds, but once it reaches 10 seconds it displays only whole seconds, and it does this all the way up to 99 seconds, which is its maximum time. In this respect it's a bit amatuerish, which is a shame, because otherwise it's a nicely made thing. If it had a 3 digit display, everything would be much better. I keep mine as a spare in case my Wallner MP-104 enlarging meter/timer breaks down. The Wallner is a much better item, but more expensive. I print with a Focomat IIc and a Varioscop 6x9. I also have a great enlarging app for your Palm organiser, if you use one. Cheers - Andrew

4. pcyco

pcyco Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hallo

i have one since 10 years or so.
    solid work. nothing more.
    --
    thomas

5. jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It's the Durst Labotim timer.

A cheaper timer with simplicity is the Gralab 450.

6. DAP

DAP Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    If you are looking for a simple bombproof timer I would recommend the Lektra range. These were industrial darkroom timers that seem to last forever. The good thing is that these tend to go cheap 2nd hand.

I think the old zone VI timers might have been manufactured by Lektra