What equipment to these cones belong to?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by wildbill, Aug 18, 2011.

1. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've got several in different sizes. I got them when I picked up my Fotar enlarger but I know they aren't for that. Made of very thick machined aluminum and the holes are threaded.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Ian C

Ian C Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I don’t know which enlarger or process camera the first two recessed (or extended) lens mounts fit.

The last one with the bayonet notches is a recessed lens board for DeVere enlargers. I think that the “lens panels”, as Devere calls its bayonet lens mounts, fit models 504 (4” x 5”), 507 (5” x 7”), and 5108 (8” x 10”) interchangeably.

This recessed lens panel is most likely useful on the 507 and 5108 with lenses of 80mm and shorter.

The following tabel gives the DeVere descriptions in my 5108 manual. They can be identified based on how deeply they're recessed. This table gives the DeVere part numbers and the focal length range it covers.

1922 = 25mm- 35mm = 1977 with Leica thread: Extra Sunken (approximately 4”)

2029 = 50mm-60mm: Leica Thread: Sunken (approximately 3”)

1920 = 75mm-80mm = 1972 with Leica Thread: Dished (approximately 1.5”)

Notice the dual model numbers. For example, the plain 4” “Extra Sunken” panel is part #1922 if unthreaded, but is part #1977 if factory threaded for Leica thread.

DeVere also made similar but larger diameter lens panels to fit its 10” x 10” and larger machines.

If you need specific information you can email KHB Photographix in Missisauga, Ontario.

sales@khbphotografix.com

3. Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Nice. Those DeVere cones can be hard to find. (I know, I've been looking for some for a while ....)

4. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a few of the 4" cones with Leica threads along with the two in photo on the right. PM me if you'd like to purchase them.

5. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I still don't know what the two cones on the left belong to? Anyone?

6. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    c'mon!

7. Ian C

Ian C Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you post a photo of the front of these boards, there might some distinguishing features that would help in the identification.

8. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You mean the flange?

9. Ian C

Ian C Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yes. For example, the front of the flange on Durst and HK lens mounts have a 45° bevel. HK mounts are 6 ¾” diameter.

Saltzman mounts have a 90° shoulder and are 6 ¼” diameter.

Here you can see a photo of an older silver finished 300/5.6 Componon on a Glenville-made Durst board with its beveled front edge.

http://glennview.com/810.htm

In the three photos below it are three Saltzman mounts: flat mount, and two recessed (or extended) Saltzman mounts.

It’s also possible that the mounts came from a process camera rather than an enlarger. These were made by various companies and are likely not recognizable to anyone other than someone with printing plant experience familiar with the specific brand machine those mounts came from.

10. jonw

jonw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have two recessed lens boards for my Fotar and they came with an 80mm and a 50mm Rodenstock rodagon lens attached. :smile: Jon

11. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ok, here's more pics of the cones I have. They're approx 170mm wide, 115mm tall, and have 39mm threaded holes, and what looks like a 45 degree bevel. The one on the far right is 155mm wide, 50mm high, and has a +-70mm threaded hole.
    The first three appear to be Durst Hotub 2500 recessed lens boards.
    http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/lensboard.php?tab=2#TabbedPanels1

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012