what glue to use attaching new wrapper for bellows

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by spoolman, Jul 27, 2013.

1. spoolman

spoolman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I'm restoring a Kodak #2 folder with the outer layer of the bellows is shot but the inner liner is good. I'm looking at gluing a new outer layer of rip stop nylon over the inner liner but I don't know which glue/adhesive to use that is available here in Canada. I would prefer not to spend a whole lot on this project. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Doug:smile:

2. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?BrandID=48&SubcatID=8 a quart is around $16 here in the U.S.
    I use this contact cement for a verity of camera repairs including adding a light tight lining to bellows. I apply the cement to the main piece then put the secondary piece in place. When doing bellows I smooth out any air pockets and let them dry for a day or two then refold.
    Advantages- excess will rub off easily if on one surface only once dry. Cleans up with water when wet.
    Disadvantage- you may never be able to get the items separated again after two or three weeks.

3. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Maybe hide glue, very strong, reversible.