What is this lens board?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Seele, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Seele

Seele Member

Out of my box of bits I have a small metal lensboard, measuring 2 5/8" square, 1/8" thick, in grey hammerite paint finish. Does anyone know which camera (or enlarger) it is for?

2. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like you are describing one of the early smaller format press camera lens boards that were used by the graphic company for many years, quite possibly one of the very early 6 x 9 models

Dave

3. Seele

Seele Member

Thank you Dave; I wonder if anyone can use it, as I do not have a suitable camera for it (obviously).

4. Denis P.

Denis P. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Seele, it would be nice if you could provide some kind of photo of the lensboard. If it fits smaller Speed Graphic press cameras, as suggested, I might find it useful, since I have a Speed Graphic (23 format). So far I've been able to get very cheap replacement boards cut from sheet aluminum, which work in a pinch :smile:
    Heck, I even use cardboard for quick-and-dirty solutions. Doesn't even leak the dark out of the bellows :smile:

PM me if interested...

Regards,

Denis