What is this?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Katie, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Katie

Katie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought a "lot" of vintage equipment off Craigslist from a lady who was moving and she had some of her ex-boyfriend's camera equipment in the garage. She called this item a "foldy camera thingy". My friend picked it up for me today and I will be getting it Sunday (I live in the country), but sent me these pictures. This is one of four items I got. Anyone shed some light on what this is specifically? I currently shoot MF and 35mm and this didn't look like either of those, so I thought I'd post it here. :smile:

Attached Files:

2. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is a Leica bellows with a reflex housing, possibly a Visoflex. Sorry, I'm not up on Leica gear, so I can't tell you which versions the bellows and Visoflex are. But since they both have bayonet, not thread, mounts they're probably for Leica M. Not large format, 35 mm.

You're more likely to get a good answer if you post y'r question in the rangefinder section. That's where Leicas live.

3. Katie

Katie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dan is correct. Don't let them hoodwink you over there. Anything that says Leica is worth MONEY.

This is a focusing attachment for high magnification macro photography. You then don't use the rangefinder on the camera.

tim in san jose

5. silveror0

silveror0 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  6. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice!