What? Nikon and Leica?

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Nicole, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Nicole

Nicole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. Marc Leest

Marc Leest Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Under the cover of a collectors item this is to me plain rediculous - there is always a price and a value...(i bet the seller found that out too :D by beefing it up by using the brand name Leica)

3. rogueish

rogueish Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm...
    The sellers in Perth, Nicole's in Perth, I find this just too much of a coincedence and just a little suspisious... :wink:

Just kidding. Some sellers add little things in the titles to catch those who use specific searches. Those looking only for Leica's will now have this camera pop up too.

4. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    They even tacked on "Olympic Limited edition". LOL!

6. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    For a camera collector this, I imagine, will make a nice item. In about 1967, at Alden's camera in Chicago, I bought one of the last Nikon SP available new. I bought 4 lenses. A 35mm f2.5, a 50mm f1.4, 85mm f2.0 and a 135mm f3.5. It was a nice enough camera but I can only say that lenses are much improved since then. Even with a limited production run of 2500 units it will be years before this camera seriously appreciates in value.

7. clay

clay Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hijacked eBay ID. If you follow the link I posted, you'll see the ID's owner's take on it.

9. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I had a run in with a ebay buyer who turned out to not be the person whose name was being used at all. Ebay helped me out on it and it appears that this persons ID was hijacked. Probably more along the lines of "family fraud".

10. jjstafford

jjstafford Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Was it the usual suspect who suddenly has dozens of two-day listings, always including a crazy cheap Linhof Super Technika V? He has such a pattern, he usually doesn't last a few hours.

11. Dr.Kollig

Dr.Kollig Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    The Nikon S3 2000 started selling in Germany for 5000 €+, this spring the last units were cleaned out at 2500 €. Let us see what is going to happen to the SP. There seems to be a strong market for these limited editions in Japan. Anyone remembering the Leica Hermes Edition at 8500 €? Later the unsold european units were transferred to Japan as well.

Wolfram