What price for a "beater" 80/2.8 planar "T" for Hassy ?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Laurent, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good evening,

I decided to sell my Hassy gear as I do not *need* it. It only makes more decisions to make, and does not do better for me than what my Rollei does.

The body is already sold, and I'm trying to figure what average price a beater lens would go.

The lens has some cleaning marks on the front lens, some metal shows behind the paint, and the aperture clicks as somewhat soft. OTOH, it's been checked by a professional for a lazy aperture, and works fine.

What do you think ?

Cheers

2. pekelnik

pekelnik Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I got a "beater" 80/2.8 T* for 200 swiss francs. After some cleaning it turned out to be very nice, no cleaning marks or scratches, times very accurate. I would say I'm quite lucky and I didn't see a different deal like that.

3. jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Any pictures of it?

4. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The cleaning marks will cost you most. Should still sell for around 150-200 Euros at least, depending on where/how/etc. you sell.

The key point is that the buyer must be able to use the lens without an obligatory CLA done first. CLA's are what scares people off.

5. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your answers. At the moment I priced it at 200, but someone offered 100, which I foudn a bit low...

The lens works fine, and was seen by a tech about 6 months ago for a lazy aperture and rough aperture stops. Now the aperture works fine, except the clicks are a bit soft.
    Most important (for me) he controlled the shutter and the times are accurate.

Attached Files:

6. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    take the $100 and run.

7. pekelnik

pekelnik Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I think it's worth way more than that.

8. mudman

mudman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got $150 for a beat to hell 80mm planar non T*. The cosmetics of the chrome were fine, but the front element looked like someone had taken sandpaper to it. Poor thing. I think you should get $200 easily for yours with a recent CLA.

9. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your feedbacks. The lens was sold for €120, no regrets for me. I hope the new owner will be happy with it.

10. gandolfi

gandolfi Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    CRAP - have a hassy, but no (working) 80mm.... this could have been the one....

11. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry for this. I still have a Loooovely 250/5.6 sonnar, for 220€ (see in th FS section)

12. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    that's a focal lengthno hasselblad user should be without, great for portraits from a 'politr' distance