What should I check in an Beseler Printmaker 67

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by amellice, Dec 12, 2012.

1. amellice

amellice Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello, I want to start developing B&W photos. I'm a beginner so I don't know much. I found this enlarger Beseler, printmaker 67 on craigslist with other darkroom tools for $150. The enlarger comes with Nikon 50mm f/2.8 lens. What else should I check in this enlarger to make sure that its components are complete and nothing is missing

Thanks

2. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Turn the light on and look through the lens at the widest aperture. Make sure it doesn't have fungus (spidery growth inside) or blemishes to the surfaces.

Slide the front cover up and take a look at the condensers to make sure they are there. Sometimes there is a diagram on the back of the front cover.

Jon

3. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That is a VERY simple and light weight enlarger. There isn't much that can go wrong with them.

I'd open the front and check to make sure a condenser lens is inside and undamaged
    Also make sure, a film carrier of proper size comes with it.
    Make sure the head goes up and down smoothly and locks down securely
    Make sure the focus actions are smooth
    Make sure the post is undamaged and does not lean one way or another (except for the front lean)
    You could stick in the film carrier, turn it on and focus. Make sure the projected rectangle is reasonably accurate and sides are parallel to each other.

That's about it....

AND WELCOME TO APUG!

4. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello amellice and welcome to APUG.