What size filter for Contaflex 85mm f4 Pro-Tessar?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by chip j, Apr 11, 2014.

1. chip j

chip j Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I got the s 60 in yellow, but it's too big. A 62-60 adapter is also too big, and a 58mm is too small. I'm ready to super-glue the 62-60 ring to the front of the lens.

2. bernard_L

bernard_L Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. chip j

chip j Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thamks, but There are absolutely NO threads on the outside of the lens for a female filter to work.

4. bernard_L

bernard_L Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Try again. What looks like a decorative finish with small pyramids is hiding a male thread. Unless you have an unusual version of the Por-Tessar. And, regardless, it would help if you would post a picture of the problematic lens.

5. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When I first received my lens shade I did not believe it either. But the filters and lens shade do thread onto the outside. What looks like knurling is actually threading in disguise. :smile:

The correct thread is S 60.

Of course the external thread on the filters to screw the lens shade onto are obvious. This is what initially confused me. I was trying to thread it to the lens using that threading.

6. chip j

chip j Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have a brand-new-in-the-box Zeiss-Ikon Germany s 60 yellow filter; there is no way It's going onto my lens. Maybe it screws into the lens hood?

7. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is quite interesting. I have two 85/4 and one 85/3.2 Pro-Tessar lenses and the S 60 filters and lens shades fit all of them. As mentioned by Bernard it may be helpful to see a picture of the lens in question.