What to do with spare c-41 rollei digibase Bleach and Fixer bottles

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Rhodes, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I few time ago I bought a 1 L c-41 rollei digibase kit, unopened on ebay. Last week i went to do the working solutions since I had color films in number to use the kit, but the part C was blue and ruined. I bought a new kit but have the beach and fixer bottles of the previous one, still closed.
    I think I read that bleach and the fixer have a great shelf life. Anyone want them? Or I should store them?

2. Paul Verizzo

Paul Verizzo Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    They have a virtually infinite shelf life. Keep them in case you do something wrong with the replacement chemicals.

3. nworth

nworth Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    First, thoroughly clean the bottles. If you can use them, keep the bottles for storage of other chemicals; otherwise, toss them out.

4. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    No, they are full, unopened bottles.

5. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Keep them, they will last years and are the most expensive part of the kit (well, the bleach is expensive). Next time don't buy a whole kit, just buy the developer components which are comparatively cheap.

6. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks, I will. But if someone needs bleach or fixer, tell me, I will send it!