What type of film is this?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Sirius Glass, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What type of film is this? I recently bought 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Graflex film magazines and discovered that they were already loaded with film [Would this be what is meant by Readi-Loads? :wink:]

Yes, I know it is fogged. But, I cannot find the notch code for this film. So I would appreciate some help.

As an aside, could I sell this on eBay as "Rare find! Preflashed Large Format Film! This film is an endangered species because it is not known to reproduce itself in the wild! Buy It Now for $10,000 US plus $1,500 for handling and shipping"?

Steve

2. mopar_guy

mopar_guy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are these film packs?

Graflex made a Film Pack Adapter. You would get a Film Pack which is a flat metal cartridge with numbered paper tabs on the side.

3. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, these are two sheet 3.25"x4.25" slr Graflex holders that I bought and happened to have film in them.

Steve

4. mopar_guy

mopar_guy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've had that happen to me too. Plus-X by the notch code. Un-exposed, bad fog.

5. nick mulder

nick mulder Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I bought some "never out of the box/unused!" Fidelity Deluxe 4x5 holders a few years back from a store in Auckland here - opened them in the store and found 6 colour sheets in 3 of the 4 holders. Should have shaken them first :rolleyes:

No issue though, they were mint and priced to sell, but I did wonder if the sales guy was otherwise uninformed or just pulling the age old salesman blah blah