What will John Sexton print on now?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by WarEaglemtn, Jun 28, 2005.

1. WarEaglemtn

WarEaglemtn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    With the Yellow Peril pulling out of B&W photo printing papers will Sexton go to Forte Polygrade V? Agfa 111? Bergger?

Will he stay with Yellowbox films or change to something else in frustration with Rochester?

2. Loose Gravel

Loose Gravel Member

Whatever is free.

3. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I spoke to John Sexton several years ago. He related to me that at that time he was printing on other papers in addition to Kodak. He told me at that time that while Kodak did sponsor some of his activities that he did not use their products exlusively.

4. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Does it matter? The guy has enough talent and know how to use whatever he wants and come out with great shots. No need to feel sorry for him, although I guess he was a bit miffed by Kodak's desicion.

5. Daniel Grenier

Daniel Grenier Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I have a print of his that he'd done on Kodak ELite back in 84 or so. That paper came and went - like whatever Kodak papers he might have been using lately. He'll manage just fine minus Big Yellow and so will the rest of us.

6. photobackpacker

photobackpacker Advertiser

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    John sent out an email to a number of his past seminar participants. In it, he stated that he learned of Kodak's decision only one day before it was announced. He was as shocked and dismayed as all of us.

He stated the following in his email:

"As you might imagine, I have received a large number of emails concerning this topic. Many have asked what paper I am going to use to "replace" my standby, Kodak Polymax Fine Art. At this point, I do not know. I have enough paper to fulfill my printing commitments that require Polymax Fine Art, as well as give me some time to transition. There are a number of excellent papers, including Ilford, Oriental Seagull, Kentmere, and Forte. Each has its unique characteristics, and hopefully all of us will be able to find something within that selection that will meet our needs for some time to come."

7. Keith Tapscott.

Keith Tapscott. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ilford have on their website, a list of suitable equivalents to some of the Kodak papers.
    http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/kpie.pdf