What's this brand of 35mm color film?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Markster, May 3, 2011.

1. Markster

Markster Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    "Lomography"?

What is this? I notice it on adorama.com along with fuji and kodak options. It seems to come in the basic speeds. Seems to be sold in 3-packs mostly.

Any testimonials or reviews on this?

I'm just curious. Never heard of that brand before.

2. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    All they do is re-brand whatever cheap stock they can get, and make you pay out the @$$ for it. I would stick with the "big 2" for color.

3. puptent

puptent Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Lomography is the latest rage using cheap Chinese toy cameras for artistic purposes. So of course if you want to raise the price on cheap chinese plastic cameras and second rate film, you rebrand it "Lomographic".

4. N467RX

N467RX Member

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    I think it's made by Ferrania. I have 2 rolls that came with one of my ebay cameras, the "redscale" kind, which is nothing but film respooled upside down, so the base acts as a red filter. They also sell film that's designed for cross processing (which you can do with any film I believe), and slide film made using the same emulsion of Agfa RSX 200. I can confirm that the Redscale 100 I have says "made in Italy", and the barcode from the cartridges come back to Ferrania Imaging (of course, the Fomapan cartridges also have a Ferrania code). And by the way, said redscale film can also be made at home by respooling color film upside down

5. woodsb

woodsb Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I shot some Ferrania 200 and 800. The 200 ISO film is not too bad but the 800 one is very grainy. It's ok for a change or just snapping around.

6. Markster

Markster Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks. Very informative!