Where to buy a Bronica S2a body?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Struan Gray, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Struan Gray

Struan Gray Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a friend who is looking to buy a classic Bronica body so he can use his father's collection of lenses and backs. I confidently said I'd track one down for him, but after a trawl through my usual suppliers' online stock lists I have drawn a blank.

Are there any dealers I might not have thought of who currently have a compatible body for sale, or is all trade in these models now taking place on eBay?

If eBay it must be, which model would people recommend? My reading suggests an S2a, but I'm open to other suggestions.

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If he has lenses and backs that fit the S2a, he should get an S2a. The EC-series will take the lenses but not the backs and finders, and the earlier S-series models aren't as robust at the S2a.

Try www.kohscamera.com. They specialize in Bronica. If they have one, it may cost a bit more, but it will be in good repair.

3. Struan Gray

Struan Gray Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks David. He's not sure which model he has, just that his dad bought it and the lenses are Nikkors. I have sent him first to Bob Monhagan's site to ID his body.

I'll put him onto Kohs.