Where to buy Compur/Copal/Prontor/Seiko/Epsilon retaining rings

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Ian Grant, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As the title indicates I'm lokking for a source for #0 and #1 retaining rings for the Compur, Copal, Prontor, Epsilon, Seiko, Agi shutters all of which conform to the modern Copla/Compur size standards. Grimes isn't an option as they are wildly expensive.

Ian

2. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you can't find a source in Europe, ping me with a PM and I'll see if I can make a couple for you.

3. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've bought one for a Copal 1 from the 'bay, about $8, not including shipping from seller Heavystar, but I am still waiting for delivery, so I can't tell you about the quality.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've bought from Heavystar in the past so will have a look, I've found his Pacemaker Graphic lens boards are excellent and arrived quickly and constantly recommend him :smile: I'll see if he'll do a better deal on a few (he does on lens boards). Thanks

Ian

5. cyberjunkie

cyberjunkie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Same experience.
    Definitely a reccomended seller!
    I found that the retaining rings (00, 0 and 1) are good and cheap. He also sells an adapter to fit no.00 shutters in no.0 lensboards.
    It's a cheap solution to use those old wide-angles, which were sold fitted in pesky super-small shutters :smile:

have fun

CJ

Sent from my Android tablet

6. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm