Where to buy film in Paris?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by RattyMouse, Jun 15, 2013.

1. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I could use some help from folks who know where to buy film in Paris. Specific directions and/or names of stores would help cut down time wasted buying ammunition and more time shooting!

Thank you.

2. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's been a while since I've been in Paris, but I always shopped at Prophot for film whenever I was in the city. Be warned though -- film in France is expensive, so it's better if you can bring your own. In French "argentique" refers to film (silver-based) photography, both colour and black and white, where as "numerique" is digital (not sure what your French skills are like, just thought I'd mention it).

3. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Prophot is a bit expensive.

Photo stock (Bd Serurier, near La Vilette) is less expensive. www.photostock.fr (metro Porte de Pantin and 5 miutes walk)

I'm also very happy with Sels d'argent. www.selsdargent.com and it is closer to the centre (metro Republique or Jacques Bonsergent; and 5 minutes walk)

4. hdeyong

hdeyong Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I use Photostock regularly and have had good service and reasonable prices, (for Europe).

5. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually you're right -- I totally forgot about Photo stock and Sels d'argent -- I bought from both those places as well. It's amazing how quickly the memory goes!

6. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What kind of prices are we talking here folks? Interested in ACROS in 135 and 120 and TMAX 400 135.

Thanks!