Where to buy RA RT in 10L.

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Jim Rice, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Jim Rice

Jim Rice Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Calumet wants me to have 75 Gallons, and B&H won't ship the blix. Adorama shows the blix on backorder and they are so yucky to deal with. Any suggestions?

2. markbarendt

markbarendt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know your experience with Adorama but they have always been great for me.

3. Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    My experience with Adorama has also been great.

4. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I believe three times now adorama has shipped only the "A" part of my RA-RT developer. Every time I must call them and inform them that there are also a part B and C. Of course this was two or three years back...

5. boswald

boswald Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try Uniquephoto.com in New Jersey. Look stuff up then talk to them on the phone. They will get it right, and they are sensible about shipping. But remember that it is difficult these days to keep everything in stock in every size in every variation of RA4. Unless you have unusual conditions you will probably be fine with other alphabet soup versions. Check the data sheets to be sure about developer, don't sweat the differences in the other solutions.

6. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ag Photo does 4x5L if you're in the UK or willing to pay shipping.

7. Jim Rice

Jim Rice Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Admittedly my experience with Adorama was decades ago, if worse comes to worse I will give them a second chance. Thanks for the heads up about Unique, they sound like my first choice. I suspect that shipment from the UK would make 75 Gallons attractive.

8. HelenOster

HelenOster Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was really sorry to see this; if you haven't shopped at Adorama for some time then I guess you wouldn't be aware that a new management structure was brought on board and it is a whole different company.
    For example, the Resellerratings feedback in June 2005 was a miserable 3.75/10. Today it stands at 9.48/10 http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Adorama. Not quite yet a 'perfect 10', but headed in the right direction.

You also have me! Any concerns, queries or problems, however large or small, and you can contact me directly: Helen@adorama.com

9. Jim Rice

Jim Rice Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is good to know, Helen. Thank you for straightening me out.

10. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pakor.com is another source. I think Minilab Supply (.com ?) will also be able to supply it.

11. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try TREBLA. These chemicals are being packaged by former Kodak engineers and they do it right.

PE

12. RedSun

RedSun Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Correct. I use CPAC/TREBLA. I have the old ColarPac. Each bottle makes 10L. There were 2 or 3 bottles each in the case, total 5 big bottles and 4 small bottles. I think this is discontinued, but they still make the chemicals, just not in a kit.

The company can hook you up with the local distributors....

13. Jim Rice

Jim Rice Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cool, I do not need it right now so I will look into all the suggestions. Thanks much.

14. Jim Rice

Jim Rice Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Though as penance toward Helen my inclination is to wait for Adorama to get the blix.

15. frotog

frotog Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    http://www.minilab.com/
    http://diversifiedimaging.net/photographic-chemicals/ (aka photo finishers supply - the name of their brooklyn, ny branch)

http://www.pdisupply.com/

All three of these photo supply houses can supply you with chemistry and paper at significantly better prices than any of the previously mentioned consumer camera shops. And, more importantly, because they supply commercial labs, they always have fresh stock. Pick the one closest to you and stock up when you place an order so as to make the most of the hazmat ship fee.

16. RedSun

RedSun Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use PDI supply, in upper state NY.