Where to find a battery cover for an Yashica electro 35 gns?

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by jelly, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jelly

jelly Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Instant Films
    Hi, I just bought an yashica electro 35 gsn on ebay but it suddenly came out without the battery cover so i'd be so i would totally thankful if any of you guy know where to buy a replacement one or if you have one and could sell it to me. thank you :smile:
  2. Marc B.

Marc B. Member

Oct 24, 2010
    USA, Pac/NW
    Multi Format
    You may try contacting
    Mark Hama Ltd.
    2675 Earl Dr.
    Marietta, GA 30062

He repairs Yashica's...but not sure if he sells parts for cameras that he hasn't repaired in-house.

On a quick advanced search of *bay, found a couple of possibilities.
    Auction #s: ( 171103146083 ) ( 281131180197 )

Many of the repair parts I have purchased over the years came from *bay auctions.
    Mostly, from camera repair techs going out of business. It takes a little patience...and time.

Maybe, someone with a Yashica 35 will give the measurements/dimensions of the battery
    cap, then you could find a cap from another, more common camera that will fit.
    Possibly, Mr. Hama, has some suggestions along these lines.

3. Cold

Cold Member

Aug 27, 2012
    35mm RF
    Doing a bit of a similar search myself, though it's for a 35G. I've contacted people about the parts (not Mr. Hama though, yet), and for the plate, button, and screws, it's been almost as much as I've paid for the camera. While I did get a steal of a deal on it, if I'm going to pay $X, I'd rather send it in for a CLA+POD+battery check replacement for maybe $3X. With the FM2n, Canonet and Oly 35SP in shooter condition, though, it's taking a while to get around to it.:redface: