Where to get empty 4x5 boxes

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Kim Catton, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Kim Catton

Kim Catton Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi all!

I am in need of a bunch of used/new empty 4x5 boxes. I have tried the local lab that does LF and without luck. Maybe some apug'er out there might have some in spare? I would of course pay for these boxes - I have seen some on fleabay but the shippingcosts are waaay to high for my taste.

All the best,

Kim

2. Sanjay Sen

Sanjay Sen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Kim,

I have a bunch (5 or 6, maybe a couple more) of empty 4x5 film boxes that you can have, but I am located in the U.S. and I am not sure if the shipping cost would be worthwhile (no charge for the empty boxes, of course!). I think it would be a good idea if fellow APUG members in Denmark or nearby have any to spare. If you don't find any locally, you can contact me.

3. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    How many do you need ?

I've just been transferring 5x4 negs from the "shoebox under the bed" filing system to proper sleeves in a binder and now have a few spare boxes.

4. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    You get them by using up full film boxes!

5. Kim Catton

Kim Catton Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sanjay: I will keep looking for something local - and keep you in mind. thanks a lot for the reply!

paul: I need at least 8-10 - but even more would be great. Do you live in England? how much do you reckon shipping would be? Also - out of curiosity, what filing system will you be using?

Greg: I know :smile: The thing is - I need the boxes for a project and I haven't accumulated quite enough boxes myself.

6. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Shipping would be £3 to £4 from the UK - Can find three for certain, and possibly a fourth. Might also be able to find a couple of the plastic bags that Ilford wrap the film in. Should point out that these boxes are the smaller 25 sheet ones.

Storage - I've started to use the Clear File storage pages. Four negs to a sheet, and the sheets fit in to an over-sized ring binder from a local stationers.

Ping me with your address if these are OK.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  7. dtheld

dtheld Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sanjay,
    If you are willing, I could use 2 or 3 boxes. I've just started out w/ LF and find that I need a place to keep exposed film until processing.

Dave Held

8. Sanjay Sen

Sanjay Sen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sure, Dave, but to be fair, since I offered them to Kim first, I will wait for him to let me know if he needs them or not.

BTW, where are you located?

9. dtheld

dtheld Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm located outside of Denver, CO where it finally got above 0 today. At least we're not facing a blizzard - so far this winter it has pretty much stayed in the mountains where the snow belongs.