Which character...

Discussion in 'Street' started by JBoontje, Sep 21, 2009.

1. JBoontje

JBoontje Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I recently made my first 'street shoot' trip. It wasnt really that productive, because I had an appointment in this city and I had to find the place while looking for interesting street scenes. I think I shot two frames, including a hipshot. I was amazed by the silence of the shutter of the Canonet QL17 GIII, I dont think I heard it at all.

I was wondering, what 'mode' do you set yourself to when you're out there in the streets? Do you dress differently, act differently, listen to music, put sunglasses on, dress like a 'cat burglar' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qjym5uliDw , another street photographer commenting on this photographer's clothing which I thought was funny)

Or do you hide your camera, or just keep it in your right hand?

I didnt do anything special, I just shot my photos in my regular outfit. I walked with my camera in my right hand. Before the hipshot, I estimated the distance between me and the subject, got aware of my surroundings and went for it. No one noticed me at all, which felt pretty good :smile:

Post, and show the world that this subforum isnt dead after all :wink:

2. Shaggysk8

Shaggysk8 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I just dress normally, but I always keep the camera out, I make it obvious I will be taking pictures, but just hang around so long I become a street sign :D

Paul

3. JBoontje

JBoontje Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Alright, thanks :smile: