Which Hasselblad 45 deg finder with glasses?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Mark Fisher, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've used an NC2 that has broken/separated glass for about 5 years (it was $19!). I'm feeling like I deserve a finder with complete glass. I wear glasses, but hate diopters so I need good eye relief. I've heard that the latest PM45 is great....and quite expensive. I'd be happy with a "new" NC2, but are any of the more modern prisms better and usable with glasses?

Thanks -- Mark

2. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anything newer than a NC2 is obscenely price last I looked so I stay with my NC2 that has good glass but is a bit beat up cosmetically.

I dont need a meter in these so I'm fine considering I actually prefer the wlf.

3. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Depends on what you consider expensive but the older incarnations of the pm45 aren't so dear, I've not paid more than $100.00. They work fine with glasses, though you may want to switch from the standard eyecup to the rubber ring on the eyepiece.
    They are a bit lighter than the NC2, at least it seems so, (I've never measured), and slightly more compact, if that helps you justify the expense.

4. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Why not go into a Hasselblad dealer and try them for yourself ? different peoples eyesight varies and what suits one person might not suit another.