Who does Gossen Luna Pro repairs/CLA?

Discussion in 'Exposure Discussion' started by McFortner, May 16, 2011.

1. McFortner

McFortner Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just picked up a Gossen Luna Pro off of eBay today and while it does work, it has some problems. The needle will go up with light, but in darker areas it will not go back down without some prodding. Does anybody know of somewhere I can send this in to get repaired/CLA? Affordable would be nice since I'm on a medical disability and I don't have a lot of money to spend (the meter was a good deal and didn't cost much. I guess I know why....).

Thanks,
    Michael

2. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Call KEH. They are in your state and shipping would be fast.

Steve

3. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. CGW

CGW Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  5. jmcd

jmcd Member

6. Hexavalent

Hexavalent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had the exact same problem with my Luna. There is a mechanical "stop" for the needle when the button is released - opened it up, gently bent the needle 'up' from the meter face.. fixed. Re-assembly can be tricky.

7. SWphoto

SWphoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just got my meters back from Quality Light Metric- a great customer experience

8. mr. mohaupt

mr. mohaupt Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I know this doesn't help the OP exactly but...

I recently picked up a Mamiya RB and a polaroid back and while shooting I noticed my photos were underexposed using my Gossen Luna Pro. After checking it with my (evil) dSLR I found it to be almostly exactly 2 stops off. I have the 1.5v batteries in the back so I expected it to be off a bit but 2 stops was quite a bit. After a bit of googling I found this site http://www.graphic-fusion.com/lunapro.htm . I do not know the owners of the website but I have reset the calibration of my light meter to read perfectly (when compared to my dSLR) from -1.75EV to 16EV.

The tutorial is pretty easy to read but time consuming and you really need a bright light(s) or large window to get to the higher EV's.

Hope this helps and maybe saves you some money.

~M

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  9. McFortner

McFortner Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, I've sent out an email to KEH and Quality Light Metric Monday night and I haven't received a reply from either yet, so I'm still waiting. I want toget this problem fixed, but I am reluctant to try fixing it myself because I'm not mechanically inclined. Any camera more complex than a box camera is more than I can handle. :confused:

10. SWphoto

SWphoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I suggest you call QLM- I did, and spoke directly. Email isn't always the best vehicle when dealing with analog "veterans"

11. michaelbsc

michaelbsc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    +1.

George is awesome, but the computer is kinda fuzzy to him. Thank our lucky stars he didn't retire. We need him.