Who ships Ilfochrome chemicals?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Wayne, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Anyone in the US or Canada?

Wayne

2. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Calumet does, with a $25 haz-mat fee.

3. DJGainer

DJGainer Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If you have a Calumet near you, could you request them to order the item for you and avoid the hazmat?

4. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Certainly. But for me personally the $25 fee is less. I'm looking into whether a local store can order it for me, but I'll bet their price will be high enough to negate the savings.

5. haris

haris Guest

I don't know how things are going in other places, but my experience is next:

If I order photo things through some local shop, they charge me 30 to 50% more and with 2 to 4 weeks longer delivery time than if I order from abroad and with post delivery. And that include shipping, custom and tax duties, with those duties I pay when import from abroad, I still have 30 to 50% less price compared to local shops.

So I order everything from abroad, not with local shop. Maybe I am not supporting local ecenomy that way, but I will not allowe local people to rip me off by 50 or 100% mark-up price. If theire prices and delivery time will be slightly more/longer than prices/time from abroad ordering I would use them, but not with current difference and conditions.