Who will be attending the Silver Conference 2007?

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews & Shows' started by User Removed, Mar 22, 2007.

1. User Removed

User Removed Guest

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    I'm just wondering who here will be attending the Silver Conference this year in LA on March 30th-April 1st.

I'm planning to attend all three days, so I hope to see some of you there.

I will be bringing along approx. 75-100, 8x10 AZO contact prints of my older work, Iceland portfolios and the current work I'm doing at this moment. Anyone interested in viewing prints may contact me and arrange a time to meet either at the conference or in private. I will be quite busy at the conference, but you may also be able to catch me at a free moment and I will be glad to share my work with you.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

2. blaze-on

blaze-on Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Many set up (and are encouraged to) their work at the Hilton after the scheduled conference stuff ends. They reserved a room there just for that.

That I may attend, but not the conference. Did that last year.

3. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I'll be there.

4. Jim Noel

Jim Noel Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I attended last year and it was excellent. I will not be there this year as it appears the emphasis has moved more toward marketing than anything else.

5. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nope, it is only B & W; no color.

Rich

6. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    And I am disappointed that alt prints, even though made from silver-based camera negatives, are not accepted (as I read the rules) for the competition.

Vaughn

7. Robert Brummitt

Robert Brummitt Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I think that Calumet has missed the boat on this. The Conference should be moving from site to site. Calumet has what 11 stores in the US plus 10 or more in the UK and several in Europe. These stores could be great anchors for the Conference. The management teams of the Conference could recruit artist and speakers from the area or bring those from other areas to the sites for a greater mix of speakers.