WHOLE LOTTA NOTHING GOING ON...(Rodinal).

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by John Bragg, Jun 11, 2008.

1. John Bragg

John Bragg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Since returning to Rodinal as my main developer, I have learnt here on APUG just how to get the best out of this venerable and time tested brew. It still seems odd to just sit and do nothing for such a long time compared to other developers.. But thats it in essence, the less effort you expend in shaking the tank, the more you are rewarded with quality negatives. I have just developed another roll of Neopan 400 and as it is drying it just begs to be printed...

2. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am leaning towards the "rattle in 1:50 for say, 12 minutes" school myself. But I am a bit more impatient to see the results, maybe. :smile:

3. John Bragg

John Bragg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    12 minutes is enough for me.. 12 minutes on the nail in fact !!!!! I just agitate less :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2008
  4. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ahh Yes Neopan 400 in 1/50 soup for 12min. Must be a classic combo by now. Do you agitate every 3 or 5 minutes? I do ten secs every 3 minutes.
    Kind regards

5. John Bragg

John Bragg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hi, Soren.

I do 15 seconds initial agitation to start things off, then 2 inversions at 4 minutes and 2 again at 8 minutes. (Pesonal Ei of 200). total time 12 minutes.

Regards John.

6. Rolleijoe

Rolleijoe Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I used 1:100 for an hour once and what was enough for me. I need more to do. I'm always 1:50 for 10min, (after 1 min agitation, then the standard 5sec every 30sec) and prints great on Fomatone with about M33-M35. in LPD 1:7.