Whole Plate film offering from K.B. Canham

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by colrehogan, Jan 17, 2011.

1. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I spoke to Keith Canham tonight and he asked me to let people know about this. He informed me that there is going to be a new Kodak film order. It will be announced and posted on his website and his facebook site sometime in the next week.

The film will be Tri-X in whole plate size. It will be offered in 25 sheet boxes at $142 a box.

Check his website and facebook site for possible discount announcement.

Diane

2. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council

Shooter:
    Large Format
    While that's great that any film is being cut in whole plate, that's almost double the price of Ilford's FP4+ special order. I'd be willing to pay a premium for Tmax 400, but not Tri-X. Tri-X is not sufficiently different from what I can already easily get at half the price to justify the expense.

3. pgomena

pgomena Member

Ditto.

Peter Gomena

4. ncholmes

ncholmes Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I, for one, am *very* happy to see this. I spoke to Keith and have this additional info. This time the nominal size is 8.5 x 6.5, not 1/16" smaller in each dimension as was the case for the Glazer's order for TMY-2 a couple of years ago -- which means it ought to fit Lotus and Chamonix holders, and it should be properly boxed in 3-part boxes. I'll get some boxes when (if) the co-op is successful.

Neil Holmes