Who's that photographer????

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by timbo10ca, Aug 12, 2006.

1. timbo10ca

timbo10ca Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is a stab in the dark, because there are probably many answers to the question:

Last year I was reading a post on a forum linking to websites showcasing a couple photographers' work. The post was directed at somebody seeking examples of 'master works/master photographers' for learning purposes.

Anywho, one of the photographers (Argggggh- I can't remember the name!) really caught my eye and I saved the link, but went to find it again recently and it's gone. He was a true genius with the subtleties of shadows and highlight- bold and stark sometimes. The pictures that stand out in my mind were a couple of adobe alleyway shots, and one of a wall (I believe of peeling paint). They were the type of shots that made me think "wow that's amazing- how did he get the light to look so dramatic ????" I checked through the Masters of Photography website, and although some were similar, the photos/photographer was not there. I keep thinking it was Edward Weston, but I can't find a site of his work that shows these photos. Does anybody know who this might be? It's driving me nuts trying to figure it out!!!

2. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Minor White? Paul Strand?

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Jack Dykinga, Joe Cornish?

4. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    white & strand or any of the dozen people who go to the same places every day in the years since.

us or... spain? could be hcb

5. André E.C.

André E.C. Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format