Why digital is easier (sometimes)

Discussion in 'Australia' started by wotalegend, Aug 17, 2010.

1. wotalegend

wotalegend Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just saw something in the Melbourne CBD which I haven't seen before & wouldn't be easy with film. A guy was taking aerial pics from the ground. He had a mini-blimp about 3m long on a rope. Under the blimp was a DSLR on a swivelling bracket & he was controlling the whole thing from a laptop on the ground. I didn't think quick enough so, sorry, no pic.

2. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a old R/C model airplane with a old P&S camera on it. There is a servo that works the camera shutter. The camera is auto focus and has film advance. It does half way decent. One of these days I'll switch to digital on it. I have crashed it with the camera on it and the camera came out alright! I did repair the airplane and it is flying better than ever.

Jeff

3. Ross Chambers

Ross Chambers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Somewhere out there on the net (where else) is site devoted to pictures taken by hurling a camera in the air using the time delay shutter. I think both film and digital cameras would work for this, but maybe only once.

Regards - Ross

4. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In one of my old books (1940's) there's an article of constructing a kite for your camera...you just need a pretty long cable release...

5. Erik Petersson

Erik Petersson Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  6. holmburgers

holmburgers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I know what I'm going to do with some of my more questionable cameras now... THANKS! :wink: