Why isn't the space between my negs the same? (Hasselblad)

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Quinten, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Quinten

Quinten Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The space bewteen frames isn't constant with my hasselblad, it varies from 3mm to about 7mm. Usually this is no problem at all but as you can read in this thread http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22366 it's critical at times (Andy K's tip is great btw) I am just wondering wheter it's possible to get a consistant space between the frames?

Cheers!

2. hka

hka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In (most) this case(s) I think that the filmholder (back) must be re-adjusted. I had once the same problem. Any Hasselblad Technician can solve this problem.

3. rbarker

rbarker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Although the spacing variation can be minimized to a degree by consistent film-advance motion, as Harry suggests, it's best to have the magazine "tuned" by a Hassy service tech.

Also, be aware that several years ago there was a batch of Ilford spools that were out of spec, causing a similar problem. The bad spools had semi-circular notches at the film-loading slots. The spools with straight slots are the good ones. So, you might want to check your take-up spools before sending the magazine to a tech for service.

4. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree with Ralph, other than the weird illford spools, the most likely problem is mis adjustment, wear or gearing is slipping in the back, if you want consistant spacing your best bet is to have the back tuned and CLA's by a service tech.

Dave

5. John Simmons

John Simmons Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have my hassey film magazines tuned up every other year and have stopped having problems.

6. mikebarger

mikebarger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you don't have a repairman for your Hassy stuff, I've had very good luck with David Odess at www.david-odess.com

Mike

7. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The fault is most likely a worn stop in the back. It's a molded nylon piecee that over time wears slightly causing the uneven spacing.