Wife is gonna kill me...folder madness...

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by joeyk49, Aug 19, 2005.

1. joeyk49

joeyk49 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    "Hi. My name is Joseph, and I'm addicted to cameras..."

My wife is convinced that I'm a certifiable loon! She's reached a level of consternation I've never seen before....and she told me with my recent acquisition, that I'd better off load one or two of them or there'd be hell to pay....

But how could I resist?!??? I've been trolling the classifieds and ebay for a decent deal on a floder for about two years now! And now I have it! My Prrrecioussssss!!!

Dear wife just doesn't understand....we must have it! We can't have Hobbits or others keeping our Precioussss from us... And we know that there are other preciousessss out there tooo! Must have them! Must make pretty pictures with them!

Precious: Zeis Ikon Nettar w/ Nettar Anastigmat 1:4.5 110mm in very decent shape....

Attached Files:

2. John_Brewer

John_Brewer Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Heh, I have that certificate, no really! Oh, and I bought a Holga today and she doesn't know (yet).

J :wink:

3. Digidurst

Digidurst Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    May I recommend something in platinum for the Mrs? (not the paper kind either!)

4. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One of the great things about folders is that they can be brought into the house in a jacket pocket...not that I'm recommending anything. :wink:

I do know the feeling you had with the Nettar; I went through the same thing last year with a Voigtlander Bessa I. When I finally had the camera in my grubby hands, it was very hard to put it down.

5. bobfowler

bobfowler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Join the club. You should have seen the looks I got when I brought home a Ciro 35 (except for the leather case, it's in mint condition). Liz just put on her "deer in the headlights" look when I was extolling the virtues of my acquisition. OK, a Ciro 35 may not have any REAL virtues, but this one is in pristine condition.

She didn't agree that it really belonged in the curio cabinet in the living room...

6. joeyk49

joeyk49 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    She always holds her breath when she opens up the "My Ebay" window....

Last year I bought a Polaroid 160....I have no idea what I'm going to do with it....but it sure does look nice! ?

7. joeyk49

joeyk49 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yer secret's safe with us...hehehehehe :wink:

8. Jim_in_Kyiv

Jim_in_Kyiv Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Be careful!
    She might take up the tactic that my intended uses - "Oh, let's go shooting together!" It might sound like fun, but how can you resist her desire to use the Zeiss and leave you with that APS relic she found in the trunk of the car? Remember - resistance is futile.
    It gets worse. Suddenly, she wants to know why you're in a bidding war over a Bessa II when you've already got the Zeiss and "I could use more film for it, oh yeah, and some filters". I've been OKd on buying LF - as long as it is an FKD for me and a Toyo with a bag bellows for her. I get to carry the Toyo whenever she shoots.
    No, it's not the worst of all possible worlds by a long shot - I've never heard a complaint about buying decent film, of B&W - but if your better half goes this route, prepare to move over. Working out a little so that you can carry two of everything helps too.

9. joeyk49

joeyk49 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Its funny. In the short period that I've had my Crown Graphic I grew used to the rangefinder. That coupled with my upbringing with slrs, made it quite an experience with the tiny little viewfinder and estimating range for focus adjustment.

I had the Tessar out yesterday with a couple of rolls of 400 Portra BW. I can't wait to see the results...