Will 50mm lens fit.

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Photocyan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Photocyan

Photocyan Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Can anyone tell me if the Mamiya Sekor CS 1:1.4 50mm Auto lens will fit the Mamiya RB67 Pro-S Camera? I am looking to add a 50mm to my outfit for wide angle landscape shots. Any help on a wide angle for this camera would be a help Thanks, Photocyan.

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That appears to describe a lens for a 35mm (135 format) camera, so no, it will not work.

The "CS" probably means it is a Mamiya C lens, with a field of view of a "Standard" lens.

Is your question in reference to this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAMIYA-SEKOR-CS-1-1-4-50MM-AUTO-LENS-SHIPS-FREE-WORLDWIDE-/170801288101?

That listing is clearly for a lens for the 135 format.

3. Photocyan

Photocyan Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes it is. Thanks for the info. I had thought the same but the price was worth checking out. I am new to the Mamiya want a wide angle lens to round out the other three. Thanks, again.

4. bushpig

bushpig Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome to the club. The RB67 is a fantastic shooter. My go-to camera. Heck. I just used it yesterday at a burned down house.

Great piece of gear.

Good luck with yours.

The 50mm C lens for RB67 is not very likely to come that cheap. But who knows? You may get lucky. I got mine in a lot with a bunch of other stuff, so it was a bit cheaper than it normally goes for.

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You can get the 50mm c lens at KEH.

Jeff

6. bushpig

bushpig Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Also, let me add/suggest:

A lot of people consider the 50 too wide on the RB. There are a lot of people who actually prefer the 65mm C which is also less expensive.

I've never used the 65 and the 50 just happened to fall into my lap last year, so I can't really say which I'd prefer, but you may be able to do okay with just the 65.

7. xtolsniffer

xtolsniffer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had 50mm vs 65mm issues, I got around them by getting both (65mm second hand and in a bad way but very cheap, got it repaired) and the 50mm brand new at a stupidly low clearance price. I found that if on a 35mm system you really liked a 24mm lens, then go for the 50mm for a real wide effect. If you liked a 35mm lens on 35mm format, then go for the 65mm. Personally I use the 50mm and a 90mm as a good combination, the 65mm is a bit close to the 90, though if I was only taking one lens out, it would be the 65mm. Guess that doesn't help much does it?

8. bushpig

bushpig Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Of course it helps. That's great advice. More info and opinions make it easier for someone to figure it out.