Will Foma 313 lith?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by wilfbiffherb, Oct 26, 2012.

1. wilfbiffherb

wilfbiffherb Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hello all,

i have come into possession of some foma 313 paper (its the older stuff in the white packaging not the fancy new stuff in the bluepackets) and im jsut wondering if anyone cant point me in the direction of some shots of lith on this paper (if it liths of course)!

thanks

2. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Fomaspeed 313 - A variable contrast resin coated paper - If it is the same emulsion as used on Fomatone papers, it should lith. Being an older batch, you might hit lucky in that it contains some cadmium. The best thing to do is mix up a small batch of LD-20 (or what ever your lith developer of choice is) and try it.

Of course, if you're in any doubt, you could always send it to me for testing :tongue:

3. wilfbiffherb

wilfbiffherb Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    haha - nice try. got some ld20 waiting for me at home. as soon as i can get get out of work im there!!

4. wilfbiffherb

wilfbiffherb Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    just tried it and it liths beautifully yielding golden yellow colours.

5. Klainmeister

Klainmeister Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    How does the paper feel? I've been wanting to do some large prints but afraid if the fiber curl.

6. wilfbiffherb

wilfbiffherb Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Its RC paper so curling isnt a problem-its quite thin and floppy like fb though