Wing Lynch 5 free for pick up - soon!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Mark Crabtree, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I know this is a long shot, but a local business is scraping a Wing Lynch Model 5 processor. The bad thing is they want it out of the warehouse in Morgantown, W.Va. today.

I'll post more details later, but if anybody wants it, let me know now. I could also see about parting out something if anyone needs it; that would not be free, but any reasonable offer since it is going to involve some time and effort.

They tell me the processor was bought new and only in service a couple years. Had cards for b&w, c41, and E6 I think.

2. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mark, I'd love that thing, but the logistics seem impossible. If you picked it up do you have a place to store it?

3. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I can see what is possible.

4. Brett_Jurgens

Brett_Jurgens Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would be interested in any of the tubes, especially for 4x5 or 8x10. More than willing to throw some money your way for your time.

5. Brett_Jurgens

Brett_Jurgens Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The dam stops as well.

6. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have a call in to my friend there. If we don't get the entire processor out of there, I'll try to retrieve whatever seems useful. I never used one of these and don't really understand the drum system. I saw a clear tube in there with slots that I assume must take the dams. I did not see reels. There is a separate temperature control panel. Should I save that. Also a 5 gallon mixer (not Wing Lynch branded). I was tempted to let that go.

7. Erik L

Erik L Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Save the water panel, it's a nice unit to have.

8. Kylefornia

Kylefornia Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    I live less than three hours from there... if it's still available I can pick it up!

9. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The warehouse was locked when my friend who works for the company finished today. He said he could still see it in there and left a note saying that someone may be interested in it. He has an assignment at 9:30 AM EST then will call me when he gets back in to the building.

I haven't heard back from jd callow, but it sounds like he couldn't pick it up anytime soon, but if he or Kylefornia wants to pick it up tomorrow I'll put you in touch with my friend. I think you'll want to wait to confirm things with him once he at work Tuesday morning. If the company knows for sure someone is coming, then I can't see why a day or so delay would matter.

PM with your phone number.

I'm glad there is some interest in this. We just hate to see it go to the dump. I believe it quite cost a lot; it sounds like it was put in service in 1999, replacing and older WL, then taken out of service in 2000 when they went to digital cameras. It has been in storage since then.

10. jd callow

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mark, I am in Michigan about 12 hours out. For me to get this I'd need someone to act as my proxy ( a nice way of saying pick the sucker up and wait for me to figure out a way down there). How ever it works out please don't let this thing go to the dump. Consider me plan 'C.'

11. jd callow

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The water panel and the mixer are both very nice. The mixer is great to have when mixing 2-5 gallons of dev, bleach, fix etc... The clear tubes are for 4x5, 8x10, 11x14 and to hold reels. My water panel died shortly before my Wing Lynch, but I still have 3 of the mixers many, many tubes and reels. The wing lynch is an excellent tool for constant agitation development I used mine exclusively for c41 what little b/w i do is semi stand (to make up for my exposure issues).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  12. jd callow

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Keep an eye peeled for a film drier. It seems that these were often sold as a package that contained the water panel, cartridge water filters, mixers (2 for b/w, 3 for c41 and e6), drying cabinet, tubes, reels, nitrogen tank with regulator and the Wing Lynch.

13. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    PM your phone number please and I'll be able to call if something comes up. The person dealing with this is not an email type, but is almost almost reachable by phone.

I think just the tube for developing reels with this one. They ran 35mm and maybe 120. No nitrogen tank, but has the regulator plus a pretty new brass one. Cartridge water filters are there mounted on a panel, but no other water control (temp control valve) that I saw. I'll ask what they did for drying. I think they had an old Senrac when I was there and may have continued to use that.

14. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Last I talked to folks, this was on its way to a successful conclusion, so I'll close this thread now.

Thanks to everyone who replied, and may apologies if anyone was disappointed; I just wanted to keep it out of a landfill.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.