Wista VX long Lens Recomendations

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by AlbertZeroK, Aug 27, 2012.

1. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Okay, scored a knock off of the Wista VX and a separate 90mm Super Angulon. Looking for a longer lens to use with the Wista VX as well, but am concerned that the 360mm f5.5 I have my eyes on, will be too heavy for the Wista VX. I'm also not sure if the bellows will be long enough, but I'm guessing bellows length has everything to do with macro or close up photography than anything else. I would however like to do some head shots at some point, so a good minimum focus distance has some baring.

I've never gone out and purchased a lens separately for a 4x5, so this is all kinda new to me.

2. Robert Ley

Robert Ley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a Wista VX and have used the Tele-Xenar 360mm f:5.5. Mine was a very sharp lens and was not too heavy for the camera. The Wista is a very robust camera and had no problem with this lens. It will focus fairly close, but I never used it with portraits so can't really say. Others who have used it for portraits may chime in.

3. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    better check to see how close the bellows will get you---you may not be able to do the heads if you don't have enough bellows--even for tele lenses, getting close requires you to e x t e n d to the max

4. PanaDP

PanaDP Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    How much bellows extension does the camera have? If it's a knock off we can't simply assume that it's the same as a wista.