Wolverhampton Camera Fair Sunday 7th Oct

Discussion in 'UK All Regions' started by Ian Grant, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is anyone going to the Camera Fair on Sunday?

If so do you fancy meeting up ?

Ian

2. Lloydy

Lloydy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was there, got a shedload of good stuff as usual. I'm still smuggling it into the house so my wife doesn't notice !:laugh:

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had another good day there.

A Quarter Plate Dallmeyer Press (reflex) Camera with a Dallmeyer 6" f3.5 lens, a post WWII 6x6 Nettar, an almost mint Zorki C (S), a good TP Triple Imperial (minus bellows) for £20, and to cap it off a good TP Special Ruby Reflex with roll film back and excellent TTH Cooke lens. (I buy cameras to restore usually).

The one stall is always a winner, last time it was an excellent 10" RR lens for £30, this time the Zorki & Nettar at £5 each, but the real bargains were the shutters £2 each one with a coated 105mm f3.8 Xpres. Two stands away the seller wanted £35 for the same lens in an Epsilon shutter, that's the going price fitted to a camera :smile:

My problem is hiding the Press/Reflex camera from the wife :D The upside is she wants me to put cameras on display in our apartment in Turkey but I have to juggle what she wants seen with what I want to use here when in the UK :wink:

So come on Lloydy what did you buy.

Ian

4. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Shit, I was in Leaminton last weekend.

5. Rafal Lukawiecki

Rafal Lukawiecki Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Now I know why I should be following the UK forum. Looking forward to news about other good photo fairs, closer to Ireland would be a plus.

6. steven_e007

steven_e007 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Damnation, just found this thread today :-(

Wolverhampton is 20 mins down the road from me, but last Sunday I was in Belfast ^_^
    Any idea when the next one is?

7. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Next one's 9th December, just checked to see if it classes with the Malvern Flea market but that's the 2nd the week before.

Ian

8. Lloydy

Lloydy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    http://wolverhamptoncamerafair.co.uk/

Ignore the date, they haven't changed it yet. The next one is December 9th, just in time to get my lovely wife some nice presents. I'm sure she'll appreciate some nice lenses. :whistling:

I got some good stuff at the last one, some developing / darkroom stuff for 120 film, a couple of lenses, a grip, Porrofinder and a Paramender for my Mamiya C3, a few M42 lenses, a MD to Adaptall mount, a pile of filters and lens caps. And I still had change from £80 !
    I've had some great bargains from there, probably the best was an immaculate and perfectly working Zorki 4K for £2, the shutter lock was down and the guy selling it thought it was jammed. :D

9. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    With the above plan and as its winter you'll need a course in igloo building. A park bench is no good. You'll also need protection from the Wolves but at least they aren't as dangerous as in the 1950s when Ron Flowers and William Wright would bite your legs at the drop of a ball between 3:00pm and 4:40pm on a Saturday. NB only 10 mins break required at half time to suck a section of an orange :D

pentaxuser

10. Lloydy

Lloydy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My mother in law used to play football with Billy Wright when they were kids in Ironbridge, and I lived just down the road from him and his wife Jo ( one of the Beverley Sisters ) until I got married, he was a lovely man. A really modest and thoughtful man who just happened to be a great footballer.

11. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    He was and the tradition of loyalty to one local club, living in the area you were brought up in and still mixing with the locals in the pub was maintained until quite recently by Steve Bull. Then a darkness descended called the premier league. The "Sky" fell in, enveloped everything and there was no more "light out of the darkness" to use the Wolves inscription.

pentaxuser

12. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I went last year on a day it happened to snow :D Brilliant - OK not all the stall holders were there (70-80%) and very few visitors. That was my best day for bargains :smile:

But there's another aspect, I've been living abroad the past few years so did'nt go regularly at all but that's changed in the past 18 months, now there's 2 or 3 stall holders that bring things for me that they think I'll like (the one is nearly always right). It's a two way process though I've helped the stall holders out (I see them elsewhere).

I've also identifyed stallholders to make a beeline for, early.

What always amazies me though is the large numbers of young people buying film cameras.

Ian

13. Lloydy

Lloydy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Quick bump so you can plan your Christmas shopping and get your beloved that lens you really want. The next fair is Sunday 9th December.