Worked out problems from last role..

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by cepwin, Aug 19, 2012.

1. cepwin

cepwin Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks to all the folks who game my advice I resolved the issues I had with my first bulk roll. I think the real issue was it never was exposed...it must have not caught properly on the roll. I shot the roll and I love image quality of the Yashica Electro 35. Developed the film and got a few good ones including some images of a classic car that someone was working on when Edie (Greyhound) and I went on a walk Saturday and some heavy machinery parked by one of the main roads. (I'm going to post them in my gallery) I did run into a small issue...the film pulled off the end of the roll...had to go into my "dark room" and unspool the film manually. I used the ratchet reel and it was dry so the film went on easily.
    Thank you all again!

2. Bill Burk

Bill Burk Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    cepwin,

The little, laughable mistakes are the best... Looks like you need to use more tape, or stronger tape.

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    +1

Try to make sure that the tape attaches to both sides of the film. I find masking tape works well.

4. Worker 11811

Worker 11811 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It sounds strange but, sometimes, you need to make mistakes. People often learn more from mistakes than from always doing everything right.

For tape, I use black gaffer's tape.

5. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Outstanding quote! Very true.

OP - Woohoo! I find name brand masking tape works great (Scotch, etc). Double it over like mentioned above so it tapes on the film, spool and back again to the film...

Bulking is a joy. When you have a few differnt types, you look outside, see what the sun is doing, and take it from there (gray, maybe 400, stark bright grab the PanF+, etc...).

6. cepwin

cepwin Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks folks! Oh yeah, mistakes is how you learn..and I think I've made a large percentage of them :smile:. Yes, it's nice also to have the flexibility of < 36 shots/roll (although 36/roll is the most economical.)

7. jvo

jvo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    when your young, you learn by your mistakes; when you're old you either listen to others advice or are old enough for it not matter!!!!

8. cepwin

cepwin Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    LOL....so true...hummm...since I'm still making mistakes I guess that means I'm still young :smile: