Wounded Photographer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by david b, Oct 29, 2005.

1. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  2. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Of all the stories I have read this is the worst. When I was in Vietnam I was told that if you are on a mission don't take pictures with your personal camera because it may be the last shot you will take.

Walts situation is so very sad.

By the way, I'm in contact with my Senator and I can't really get a good answer to way Pres. Bush is cutting back and cutting out Veterans Benefits and Veterans Services and Veterans Hospital funding etc..

This ******** of a president is so two faced and one track minded that I wake up every morning and wonder what is the problem with the half of the country who supports him.

I had Nixon and he was a saint compared to this lying ********.

2K + dead and 15K + wounded beyond repair and he cuts the services that they and all of us veterans need and will need.

When I am put in at Arlington maybe I will be able to get some answers.

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thats to bad,

In order to read the whole article, you have to register with their system, I would like to see what happen, but refuse to continue to register in order to read the news..

Dave

4. bobfowler

bobfowler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just emailed you the whole article...

5. John Bartley

John Bartley Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  6. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hope he finds his way to this site. Being on the inside like that, What an experiance! Sounds like he's got a plan and some ambition. With a family it will be hard to stick with it plus his injury, what a road to hoe! I wonder if we can find him and invite him to the site? A free subscription and lots of support could go a long way.

7. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have nothing but the greatest respect for these guys, I know the fear of loosing and eye, and it is a scary thing, but it is great to see his spirit stay strong and him to stay with that dream that has consumed him, I hope to one day see some of his photographs, I would, as I am sure many here would welcome into the community with big open arms and warm hugs..

Thanks Bob, again for emailing me the story.

Thanks for the free link John, for the life of me, I did not see one..

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2005
  8. nick mulder

nick mulder Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I haven't searched much further than the first page in Google but does anyone know of any online galleries from those in service ?

like what this photographer was talking about having seen (and taken) ...

Perhaps the release of them have to be sanctioned by the military ???

eg. http://www.pbase.com/sms/101st_airborne

9. Digidurst

Digidurst Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow! How very sad for him but inspirational at the same time. If he can manage to keep tripping the shutter than I fail to see what sort of excuses we could come up with for not doing so.

Thanks, as always , for sharing!

10. vet173

vet173 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format

Curt you can't get a good answer because there isn't one. Maybe we should suggest that the VA be made a no bid contract then there will be plenty bucks. I was in counyry 67-68 and I agree with you views comparing nixon to president Shrub.

11. sajianphotos

sajianphotos Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's really sad. I didn't read that he had one good eye yet. I hope so. I'm blind in one eye and it isn't the reason I'm not a great photog. It sounds like the soldier has a gift for photography. Even better it sounds like he has a passion for it.

Maybe we should find out if he has a good eye left and put our money where our heart is and pull together for a nice LF (or????) camera for him.

12. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Gotta find him first.

13. sajianphotos

sajianphotos Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That shouldn't be too hard. I'm willing to do the legwork. In the article it was said his old Lieca was beat up pretty bad and he recently purchased a used camera at a pawn shop. Said he has a passion for photog. He'll more'n likely be a big name in the industry some day.

14. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Give it a rest --- take your hatred of the President to the Soap Box where it belongs.