WTB - 1A Semi-Centennial Camera Stand

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Andrew Moxom, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am in dire need of a centennial camera stand. Ideally a 1A that could hold a 14x11 camera. I just moved into a new studio space, and want to use my Deardorff Commercial View camera with 16" Vitax lens to shoot wet plate.

2. dlin

dlin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Andy,
    You might want to first check whether the counter spring on the Centennial stand is strong enough to support the weight of a 11x14 Commercial Deardorff- those things are monsters. I have a Century 10A on the matching stand and it barely holds the camera/lens at higher positions. It might be frustrating with your much heavier camera.

Sounds like you're assembling quite a portrait setup. Having a studio space must be a blast too!

Best,
    Daniel

3. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hi andy

dan is right about the bigger stand for bigger camera ..
    you might look for the larger #2 semi centennial stand ...
    it was made for the 8A grand century portrait cameras ( 11x14).

http://www.historiccamera.com/cgi-bin/librarium2/pm.cgi?action=app_display&app=datasheet&app_id=396

i have an 8A .. and #2 stand ... the stand's bed splits to allow for bellows extension,
    and the ribbon springs are pretty hefty too.

have fun with your new set up! you're going to have a lot of fume, i mean fun :smile:

- john

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
  4. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well my lead on a centennial stand dried up after the seller committed to sell, give me a price, and was getting shipping costs when they decided that their time was worth more than keeping their end of a deal. So I still need a stand if anyone has one?? Daniel, I have the 8x10 commercial view... A little lighter..